Brigadeiros are a perfect party treat, you can use different coating to give them different colour and surface so not only do they look beautiful but they satisfy any sweet tooth. Another advantage is that they can be stored at room temperature, in a cool and dry spot, for up to three days or can also be refrigerated for up to a week which means that you don't need to add to your party day stress levels cooking dessert on the day of the party!
100 g milk chocolate, cut into pieces
1 tbsp. lightly salted butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Chocolate sprinkles and other coloured coatings like crushed nuts or cookies, mini smarties, coconut or sugar
Mini baking cups
- In a saucepan on low heat, mix the chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter until blended
- Add in all the condensed milk
- Stir constantly on low heat until the mixture is quite dense, almost caramel-like
- Grease a plate with some butter and pour the mixture onto it. Cover with film and let it cool until just warm
- Grease your hands with some butter and roll the mixture into a small balls and coat with the desired sprinkles
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve
Top Tip - You can use this same recipe to cover a cake instead of using icing. My children love it when I use rainbow sprinkles or gold and/or silver powder for the Christmas period.